59 Chinese Apps Banned In India – Including TikTok
The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre, Ministry of Home Affairs has also sent a recommendation for blocking 59 Chinese apps. After that, These apps also include China-based TikTok, SHAREiT, and WeChat will be ban in India.
The Government is enforced Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 to ban these 59 Chinese apps.
According to the Ministry of IT “They received complaints that these apps are transmitting the data to those servers which have located outside India. So Apps pose the threat to sovereignty and integrity of India. Also, It is a threat to the user’s confidential data, which is an unauthorized move of these apps. ”
How will the Government implement the ban on 59 apps?
In a very short time, Ban Notification can be expected. By this, the Government will instructions to Internet service providers to stop the access of Apps. So Users of these apps can receive the message like “Use of the app is restricted by Government”. The restriction affected both mobile and non-mobile Internet-enabled devices. It is expected that the downloading to be blocked on Google’s Play Store as well as Apple’s Play store.
Here is the list of 59 Chinese Apps Banned In India:
- TikTok, Shareit, Kwai
- UC Browser, Baidu map
- Shein, Clash of Kings
- DU battery saver, Helo
- Likee, YouCam makeup, QQ Newsfeed
- Mi Community, CM Browsers
- Virus Cleaner, APUS Browser
- ROMWE, Club Factory, News dog
- Beauty Plus, WeChat, UC News,
- QQ Mail, Weibo, Xender, QQ Music
- Bigo Live, SelfieCity, Mail Master
- Parallel Space, Mi Video Call – Xiaomi
- WeSync, ES File Explorer
- Viva Video – QU Video Inc
- Meitu, Vigo Video, New Video Status
- DU Recorder, Vault-Hide
- Cache Cleaner DU App studio
- DU Cleaner, DU Browser
- Hago Play With New Friends
- Cam Scanner, Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile
- Wonder Camera, Photo Wonder
- QQ Player, We Meet, Sweet Selfie
- Baidu Translate, Vmate, QQ International
- QQ Security Center, QQ Launcher
- U Video, V fly Status Video
- Mobile Legends, DU Privacy
Some social media and other apps are much popular. So these apps lost millions of users in India.
Reaction on Twitter
When Ministry signaled to ban these 59 apps, After that Some tweets are trending in favor of the Indian government and Prime Minister Narinder Modi like #govt of India #ModiBanChiniApps #DigitalAirStrike. In addition, the First 10 trending tweets are related to this ban notifications.
Read Also: When India Banned Tiktok and Why